Our Commitment to Privacy
U.S. Retirement & Benefits Partners (USRBP) and Select Benefits Communications Group (SBCG) understand that the privacy and security of the personal and account information that you have entrusted to us is of utmost importance. We value the opportunity to serve you, and we are obligated to honor that relationship with care. For this reason, we are committed to maintaining the confidentiality, integrity, and security of personal information about our current and prospective customers. Please note that certain details of this policy may depend on whether you deal with us through an investment professional, through directly as an individual investor, or whether USRBP provides services to your employer or plan sponsor. In addition, the services that you receive may be provided by a third party that has different privacy policies. We understand that both information security and privacy are constantly changing, and that we must update our policies to reflect the highest standards of information security and privacy. The privacy policies of USRBP and SBCG are reviewed annually. Our online notices are then updated to reflect any changes.
Who We Are
USRBP is made up of several firms each with their own identity. In this document, USRBP refers to our complete family of companies, including SBCG.
How and Why We Ask for Your Personal Information
USRBP takes great care to protect personal information about you. When we do ask for and use your personal information, we do so with respect for your privacy. We may use personal information about you to service, maintain, and protect your account; process transactions in your account; respond to inquiries from you or your representative; develop, offer, and deliver products and services; or to fulfill legal and regulatory requirements. USRBP may collect public and non-public personal information about you from any of the following sources:
· You or your representative on applications or forms (for example, name, address, Social Security number, birth date, assets, and income)
· You or your employer or plan sponsor if USRBP provides them with recordkeeping and/or benefits advisory services (for example, payroll, human resources, or benefits information)
· Transactional activity in your account (for example, trading history and balances)
· Other interactions with USRBP (for example, discussions with our customer service staff, information you enter on our websites, or when you enroll in our authentication services)
· Information from other third-party data services (for example, to verify your identity and to better understand your product and service needs)
You or your representative regarding your preferences (for example, your choice of electronic statement delivery, or the screen layout you specify if you use our Internet sites) Other sources with your consent or with the consent of your representative (for example, from other institutions if you or your employer transfer products and services to USRBP.
How We Protect Your Information
At USRBP we are committed to protecting the privacy of the information we collect, use, and share about you. To protect your personal information from unauthorized access and use, we use security measures that comply with federal law and state law. These measures include computer safeguards and secured files and buildings. Within USRBP we restrict access to personal information to those who require it to develop, support, offer and deliver products and services to you.
When We Share Information
USRBP does not share personal information about our customers with third parties for use in marketing their products and services. We may share personal information with the following entities:
· Third party service providers who perform services such as printing and mailing for us at our direction
· Government agencies, other regulatory bodies and law enforcement officials for tax or compliance reporting purposes, in the case of suspicious activity, or in response to a legal request
· Other third parties, with your consent or as directed by your representative
· Other organizations as permitted or required by law (for example for fraud prevention or to respond to a subpoena)
· Our service providers are obligated to keep the personal information we share with them confidential and use it only to provide services specified by USRBP.
If you receive the specific service listed below, USRBP may share the following information to provide this service.
If USRBP provides workplace services to your employer or plan sponsor, such as payroll, human resources or benefits advisory and/or recordkeeping services, USRBP may exchange any information received in connection with such services with your employer or plan sponsor or others they may authorize.
Your Online Privacy
Non-Personal Information We Collect
Personal Information We Collect
You can visit the site and remain anonymous by not providing any personal information. However, you may choose to share this information by completing applications, online forms or requesting that we contact you. Personal information includes, but is not limited to name, address, phone number and email address. When using secure areas of this website to provide or access your personal information, the information is encrypted, making it indecipherable to third parties. Your browser will indicate that you are in a secure area by displaying a locked padlock in the bottom of the screen. Internet connections cannot be guaranteed to be 100% secure. We have taken all reasonable measures to protect the information entered and accessed on the website. However, we cannot be liable for unintentional disclosure of information.
Our Mobile Applications
USRBP and our family of firms may from time to time offer mobile applications ("apps") that allow you to access your accounts and access news and research using wireless or mobile devices. Our privacy practices apply to any personal information or other information that we may collect through the apps.
Protecting Children's Privacy Online
USRBP websites are not directed to individuals under the age of thirteen (13). USRBP does not intentionally collect information on USRBP websites from those we know are under 13, and we request that these individuals do not provide personal information through the sites.